DASC can only run well if enabled to do so by volunteers who take on a variety of roles. They give their time on a voluntary basis for the benefit of the club and its members.
Most roles do not require any particular experience or knowledge of swimming or diving, but enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential. Here are some areas which you might like to consider helping out in:
- Joining the Committee
- Would you like to train as a Timekeeper?
- Helping with Fund-Raising eg running raffles
- Becoming a qualified Gala Official
- Helping out at galas we host or help at at the Dolphin Centre eg club galas, schools galas, Dander Meet
- Helping at the Club Swim Shop
- Running the Sweet Stall at galas
- Helping with Gala Entries
- Photography for publicity
Club volunteers should be members of DASC. This usually only involves completing a DASC Club Membership Form. A few roles will require volunteers to register with the ASA and complete a DBS check. This again involves completion of paperwork, but we do not require volunteers to pay for volunteering! If you would like to volunteer to help in any way, please email email@example.com or speak to a representative on the club desk on a Tuesday evening.