DASC Mission Statement
The aim of Darlington ASC is to be the club of choice for all those wanting to take part in competitive swimming and diving in the Borough of Darlington and the surrounding areas
The Club aims to provide swimmers and divers with training programmes that are based on:
- Long Term Athlete Development.
- Using the management principles of ASA Swim 21 which encourages members to obtain qualifications in teaching and coaching, attend other sport related courses and qualify as ASA Accredited Officials (non swimming and diving members).
The Club encourages all members to participate in swimming and diving activities and competitions. At all times the Club endeavours to provide a safe and happy environment for all to train in and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The Club also recognises how swimming and diving contributes significantly towards a healthy life style and will provide opportunities through coached swimming and diving sessions.
Darlington ASC will achieve these aims by offering:
- The highest standards of teaching and coaching.
- Support for every member to develop and achieve their highest potential in the sport of swimming and diving.
- Membership which is open to everyone regardless of gender, creed or race.
- A coordinated development pathway leading from other learn to swim and dive schemes and beyond.