Congratulations to our new Licensed Gala Officials
Recently three DASC members have qualified as British Swimming Technical Officials at Judge Level 1. They are:
- Lucy Armstrong (mother of David Carter in A3 and Emma Carter in A1)
- Diane Jones (mother of Scarlet in A3 and Zara in Top)
- Ruth Troy (mother of two ex-DASC swimmers)
We congratulate them on finishing the training and achieving this qualification, enabling them to understand the roles of Timekeeper, Chief Timekeeper, Inspector of Turns and Chief Inspector of Turns. We will reward them with an official’s polo shirt complete with the DASC logo.
In addition to this, Amanda Ashdown has recently completed her Judge Level 2 qualification, which covers the role and duties in relation to all aspects of judging and the theoretical role and duties of Starter.
We also thank all of them in advance for the important role they will play in the future on behalf of DASC in officiating in galas. Without such willing trained volunteers, licensed galas just cannot happen.
There are plenty of perks to being a gala official, which may include a great view of the gala action on poolside for free, plus a good lunch as well for an all-day gala!
If you are interested in becoming a gala official, why don’t you:
- Talk to our new officials
- Talk to our other officials – Carol Bottomley, Allison Matthias, Dan Oliver, Helen and Steve Burgess, Lesley Butler
- Have a look at Officials – Swim England North East (asaner.org.uk)
Jane Teague Nov 2nd